Saturday, November 13, 2010

World's Largest Baseball Bat


My word I finally found it!!! I have been to Edmonton , Alberta 4 times searching for it and gave up each time because it was nowhere in sight. Finally this time before I went I did more research and found out that the sight where I got the address from was wrong. This bat is at the corner of 97th street NW and 118th ave. It's a little hard to get to because the corner is super busy and in fact I passed it once and had to turn around which is not surprizing. When it comes to this bat and I, it's almost like a love/hate relationship. Also it's a little bit of a dodgy area. I didn't stay for very long at all, pretty much took the picture and ran back to my car. The bat is made out of aluminum and is 15 meters long. It was erected in 2001 when Edmonton renamed 118th ave to 'Avenue of Champions'. It really isn't all that exciting but I am super excited because it took so long to find it! FINALLY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment