Wednesday, August 4, 2010

World's Largest Tomato

So it's been a busy year I haven't been able to get out and tour very much but while I was in Ontario visiting family and friends I decided I needed to stop and see at least one thing.
The world's largest tomato is in Leamington, Ontario. It is 14 feet high and 20 feet wide and was built in 1961. It also serves as a tourist booth, there is a window on the other side but it was closed when I was there :( I lived in Windsor for 4 years while I went to school and never had any interest in venturing over to Leamington to see the tomato or for any other reason :) but this summer as I was visiting a friend I stopped by to see it. I'm actually quite surprized I found it because I didn't have my gps to rely on, I had to read a map lol which I'm not good at. I found the town easily but circled around for 10 minutes trying to find the tomato before stopping at Tim Horton's to ask for help. I must admit that many Tim Horton's workers and gas station attendents have helped me find more than one world's largest monuments on my journey and they all have the same reaction. After I ask where it is they all give me the same confussed look like they are thinking why in the world is this person looking for that? Then they point me in the right direction because of course they know where it is even if they don't think it's cool. I'm sure I will depend on many more workers to help me in the future :) I thought it was funny because right beside the tomato they had a fenced in area with fake wood tomato head people, I'm not really sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment