Monday, August 3, 2009

World's Largest Buffalo


I arrived in Jamestown, North Dakota after 9 hours of driving. Funny enough I didn't feel as tired as I did yesterday and I drove less yesterday. To get there you take the I-94 exit 258, then take US 281 north a short way to the first stop light, turn right at the big Pioneer Village sign. It is at the back of the village. The village is actually kind of cute. It's set up to look like a town back in the day. They had carriage rides and pony rides for the kids, plus you can also go in the little shops. They had live wild buffalo fenced in beside the world's largest monument. It was neat-o! :) The buffalo is 26 feet high, 46 feet long, and weighs 60 tons. This one doesn't have a name so I've decided to call it Bruce :)

No comments:

Post a Comment