Sunday, August 2, 2009

World's Largest Tepee


This summer I went on a road trip to Minneapolis to visit my brother and sister-in-law. Before I left I had mapped out all the world's largest things I could see on my way there and back. I was pretty pumped because I think there is about 20 things I get to see. Yay! I mean I was pumped because I got to see my family :)


Well I left Carstairs at 10:59am, which is surprising because I was early…only one minute early but still that’s pretty good for me. My first destination on my trip was Medicine Hat, Alberta to see the world’s largest tepee. I arrived at 2:02pm and I was very excited, not to see the tepee but because I really had to pee. I forgot that I was going to pack a roll of toilet paper so I could stop any time and go to the bathroom. I’ll have to remember tomorrow before I leave to steal, I mean borrow ;), the extra roll from the hotel. There is very few stops out in the prairies. The world’s largest tepee was pretty cool. It was just down the road from the visitor’s centre. I was quite surprised because there were a lot more people there than I expected. Granted I didn’t expect anyone to be there, but there were probably a dozen cars. It’s neat you can walk under it and there are different pictures of native things and little spots you can read. It’s not a covered, just the frame of a tepee. It is 215 feet high, 160 feet wide and and weighs 200 tons, you can definitely see it from a distance away.

No comments:

Post a Comment