Tuesday, August 4, 2009

World's Largest Viking


After I left Fergus Falls I headed to Alexandria, Minnesota to see Big Ole the world's largest viking. He is located at the north edge of downtown in Central Park. Big Ole is 28 feet tall. He has been through many accidents in his life. Once in 1967 he was dressed up for the Christmas holidays and someone fired a flaming arrow and Big Ole caught on fire. Another time his sword was snapped off. Then a windstorm came and made him lean. And lastly he was lying down getting repaired and was partially crush by a snow covered roof that collapsed. Even though he's been through so much he is a viking and won't let anything stop him from standing proud :) When I saw him I was nearing the end of my day and was getting tired therefore getting a little silly and thought it was amusing that I could see up his 'skirt' lol Also I thought it was funny that the town had put up a little photo deck where I guess you get the best picture of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment